Which one to choose?
There are two types of fish oil and both have different targeted effects:
- DHA is best for brain health and immunity
- EPA is best for inflammation and helps eliminate bad gut bacteria
Which fish is best?
- Salmon contains a high amount of DHA
- Anchovies are a fab source of EPA
How much to have?
For every gram of body fat, the short-term recommendation is to consume 1g of fish oil, that has a higher EPA ration to DHA.
- Fish oil thins the blood so be mindful of its consumption with other medications
- Cold water fish generate better quality fish oils