If you think you might have a few people pleasing tendencies, here are my top tips for surviving the Christmas period - and they all require you to act now so find some time to yourself over the next week or so to prioritise YOU!
1. Decide now what you want to do this festive period and make an intentional commitment to doing that for yourself.
2. Consider what your boundaries are going to be now and define what that means practically.
3. Practice saying 'No' to things you don't want to do. Prepare your responses to requests you usually.
4. Buy yourself time - if you get asked to do or attend things that you want time to think about or feel uncomfortable declining face to face, don't confirm immediately, commit to responding by a certain time.
5. Remember that you are worth this and deserve to enjoy the period too.